Plan International, a child-centred development agency has now launched an exciting New Video/Creative writing Competition: “Global Warning – the Voice of Youth”
In partnership with UK Youth Parliament, Plan UK will select 4 young people from the UK and Indonesia aged between 12-16 to attend and report from Copenhagen Summit on Climate Change in December 2009.
The winning UK journalists will have the chance to:
- Get the chance to go on a press trip to Copenhagen for the summit on climate change
- Gain privileged press access to the event interview politicians, activists and report on the activities of the summit
- Receive media training from www.headliners.org and work alongside professionals who will mentor them on creating content
- Interview Ed Miliband!
- Have articles, videos, photos and thoughts published and viewed by thousands of other young people
- Feature in, and even write for, magazines, newspapers, and youth publications
For more information on how to get involved please visit this link:
Plan is one of the largest child-centred community development organisations in the world. Plan-Ed is full of global-education projects and resources designed especially for the UK classroom. Each project comes with detailed lesson plans with clear curriculum links, photocopiable activity sheets, and supplementary photo, video and audio resources. All resources are free and designed to develop key skills in discussion, presentation, critical thinking and problem solving.